Assignment #4 Steve Jobs’ 2005 Stanford Commencement Address

– How did the talk affect you?

The whole speech was very positive, just like what my parents or senior in life could say, every word had its meaning, every word left a deep impression on me, let me have more direction and expectation for the future.

– How does this talk catch the listeners’ attention (or does it all)?

I think first of all, because the speaker is Steve Jobs, a very distinguished entrepreneur, how can anyone be distracted when he comes out, and Steve Jobs speaks in a very relaxed manner, not in a normal speech, but in a conversation with graduates, I think it will be more attractive and successful in getting the audience's attention.

– Has the talk changed your mind about something? If so, explain how.

Yes, it has. The most impressive thing is that Steve Jobs said he didn't regret dropped out, and that he would not have taken a calligraphy class if he hadn't taken a leave of absence, so we wouldn't have had beautiful handwriting on the computer after that computer.

This paragraph let me know that you don't have to get a diploma to get a full credit to succeed in life, perhaps you have unexpectedly learned one thing or a course in life, which has unexpected effect on your future life.

– Has the talk left you with any questions?

No.


– Does the talk relate to anything from your past life experiences?

Yes, it does. When I was in junior high school, I found out that I didn't feel well and needed surgery, and every day after I decided to have surgery, I thought it was the last day of my life again, did what I wanted to do every day, and made a full plan. .It was a very happy time.


– Does the talk agree with any of your past life experiences?


Partly consistent. Partly inconsistent.

留言